My husband and I started our search for a new home back at the end of August. Well actually our neighbors starting searching for a new home and the enthusiasm carried over to us and we started looking too. Is that called keeping up with the neighbors??
It’s only taken me 6 years to convince my husband to move ( yes I said years, grrrr) and now we are moving full steam ahead. Except we have different ideas of what our new home should be. The size, the yard, the neighborhood, the precise location, subdivision, no subdivision, ranch, colonial, brick, vinyl, wood, garage size, outbuildings….I could go on and on but you get the idea. We are opposites but opposites attract and we balance each other out.
Here’s a visual to help you understand: What I feel like my husband wants
And what he feels like I want
Seriously??? Just because I said I wanted something smaller than what we already have, where I can have a nice garden and hang my clothes out on a clothes line to dry. I guess I’m a little more low key than he is. I’m okay with doing a small amount of work to put my own personal stamp on the place and he wants everything completely done before moving in.
In reality the 2 photos below are what we have narrowed it down to. Can you figure out which of us likes which house?
So here’s what happened. We put on offer on one of the houses above and the sellers response was, “Can you wait a couple weeks for our answer? We’d like to see if we get any other, possibly better offers.” Whattttt??? I didn’t realize that was even an option, I thought a typical response would be yes, no or a counter offer. Their repsonse angered my husband and our agent and I’m left scratching my head still confused as to how that would be an appropriate response to someone wanting to purchase your home. So should we move on or wait a couple weeks for their response?